Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 3

IndexOutOfBoundsException at registerClient EMA

IndexOutOfBoundsException at registerClient EMA :

API EMA 3.6.3.1

JAVA

Windows

We experience since this morning (May the 9th) an IndexOutOfBoundsException when trying to use registerClient.

The source code, library and configuration file have not changed since April, the 28th.

Can you check please ? And can you give us the reason why we got this exception ?

Here under the complete stack trace of this exception:

11:38:39 processRTDSEvents:3644 failed!

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: null

at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex(Buffer.java:687) ~[?:?]

at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.get(HeapByteBuffer.java:169) ~[?:?]

at com.refinitiv.eta.codec.BufferImpl.hashCode(BufferImpl.java:525) ~[eta-3.6.3.1.jar:etaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.eta.codec.MsgKeyImpl.hashCode(MsgKeyImpl.java:338) ~[eta-3.6.3.1.jar:etaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.eta.valueadd.reactor.WlItemAggregationKey.hashCode(WlItemAggregationKey.java:160) ~[etaValueAdd-3.6.3.1.jar:etaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at java.util.HashMap.hash(HashMap.java:339) ~[?:?]

at java.util.HashMap.get(HashMap.java:552) ~[?:?]

at com.refinitiv.eta.valueadd.reactor.WlItemHandler.findItemAggregationStream(WlItemHandler.java:1264) ~[etaValueAdd-3.6.3.1.jar:etaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.eta.valueadd.reactor.WlItemHandler.handleRequest(WlItemHandler.java:265) ~[etaValueAdd-3.6.3.1.jar:etaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.eta.valueadd.reactor.WlItemHandler.submitRequest(WlItemHandler.java:214) ~[etaValueAdd-3.6.3.1.jar:etaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.eta.valueadd.reactor.Watchlist.submitMsg(Watchlist.java:152) ~[etaValueAdd-3.6.3.1.jar:etaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.eta.valueadd.reactor.ReactorChannel.submit(ReactorChannel.java:690) ~[etaValueAdd-3.6.3.1.jar:etaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.ema.access.SingleItem.rsslSubmit(ItemCallbackClient.java:3001) ~[ema-3.6.3.1.jar:emaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.ema.access.SingleItem.open(ItemCallbackClient.java:2861) ~[ema-3.6.3.1.jar:emaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.ema.access.ItemCallbackClient.registerClient(ItemCallbackClient.java:2184) ~[ema-3.6.3.1.jar:emaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.registerClient(OmmBaseImpl.java:468) ~[ema-3.6.3.1.jar:emaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at com.refinitiv.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.registerClient(OmmConsumerImpl.java:142) ~[ema-3.6.3.1.jar:emaj3.6.3.L2.all.rrg]

at belfius.firt.rtdsdownload.RTConsumerLite.sendOneRequest(RTConsumerLite.java:1850) ~[belfius.firt.rtdsdownload-1.0.0.jar:1.0.0]

at belfius.firt.rtdsdownload.RTConsumerLite.sendAllActiveRequestsToRefinitiv(RTConsumerLite.java:1908) ~[belfius.firt.rtdsdownload-1.0.0.jar:1.0.0]

at belfius.firt.rtdsdownload.RTConsumerLite.sendSubscriptionProcess(RTConsumerLite.java:582) ~[belfius.firt.rtdsdownload-1.0.0.jar:1.0.0]

at belfius.firt.rtdsdownload.RTConsumerLite.processRTDSEvents(RTConsumerLite.java:3592) ~[belfius.firt.rtdsdownload-1.0.0.jar:1.0.0]

at belfius.firt.rtdsdownload.RTConsumerLite.mainProcess(RTConsumerLite.java:3679) ~[belfius.firt.rtdsdownload-1.0.0.jar:1.0.0]

at belfius.firt.rtdsdownload.RTRealTimeServer.main(RTRealTimeServer.java:209) ~[belfius.firt.rtdsdownload-1.0.0.jar:1.0.0]

11:38:39 processRTDSEvents:3654 RTConsumerLite.finally ....

#technologyema-api#productjavaexception
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 3

Hi,

Please , consider this issue as closed as i discovered a very strange behaviour at the start of my process that explain why the regisiterClient has thrown a IndexOutOfBoundsException.

It is our fault.

My apologize,

Jean,

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @jean.questiaux

Thank you for contacting us. To let us check the issue in more detail, could you please give us the following information?

• The snippet code that creates a request message and calls registerClient() method
  • Java SDK version
  • Are you connecting to the local RTDS or RTO (cloud)?
  • Number of items that the application subscribes to

The EMA 3.6.3.1 (RTSDK 2.0.3.L2) is quite old, so if you can replicate the issue on demand, I recommend you retest with the latest version of the SDK. You can download the latest SDK version from the RTSDK Java download page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 0 3

Java version is

java version "11.0.12" 2021-07-20 LTS

belfius.firt.rtdsdownload.zip is a the snippet asked with the call to registerClient

I am connecting to a local RTDS. see TREP connection.

RTDSRealTimeServer.png

For a week (28/4 till last FRiday), i use RTDS without problem to this PRD server with same credentials, source code and configuration.

I will upgrade my EMA lib in user acceptance to use this one.

Thanks,

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jean.questiaux

This is a private post. Thank you for the files, I am checking them.

However, I found that the source code zip file may contain your sensitive information (such as your DB connection detail, etc). I highly recommend you remove the sensitive information and re-upload the file.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @jean.questiaux

I have checked the file. The application sends a single item message with View multiple times. The EMA's related code looks fine.

For further investigation, I highly recommend you contact the Real-Time APIs support team (RDC) to investigate this issue in detail. You can submit a support ticket to the team via the "Contact premium support" button on the RTSDK Java page.

rtsdk-contact-support.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.