Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
29 1 4 12

eikon api daily limit reset time

Hi team, my client is asking about daily reset time of eikon data api download limit quota. Before it was 00:00 hkt, then they found on 28 June, it change to 15:40; on 2 July, it changed to 10:00; on 9 July, it changed to 14:40. All time stamp are HKT. So may I know what exactly is the limit reset time everyday? Thanks in advance.

eikon-data-api#productpython apirefinitiv-data-platform-eikon
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Julian.Bai

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.3k 253 52 74

@Julian.Bai

I got this update from the product team.

Current behavior. Reset time - 24 hours from the first request. That is, if the first request was made at 9 a.m., the reset will be the next day at 9 a.m.

In the next version, this behavior will be changed and the reset will occur at 00:00 every day.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
10.2k 18 6 9

@Julian.Bai As far as I am aware the reset time of the download quotas is midnight local time. I very much doubt anything has changed. I will double check with the Dev team to check the current behaviour and revert here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Out of interest what is the local timezone of the machine? Any how do they assess when the quota is refreshed?

Hi Jason, thanks for your answer. The client is in HK so UTC+8 should be the time zone. I only know they access via api but not sure what do you mean by "how do they assess when the quota is refreshed"?

@Julian.Bai

The API doesn't provide a method to check the current usage or quota.

How does the client know when the quota is reset?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.