Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
58 0 1 3

ek.get_news_headlines VALUERROR WHEN EMPTY

I have coded the following in Jupyter Notebook

headlines_1 = ek.get_news_headlines(query="FXBUZ AND CORRECTED", count=20, date_from=date_from_str, date_to=date_to_str)

Previously when I ran this, if the results were empty it would return and empty line. Now I get the following

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ValueError Traceback (most recent call last)
Cell In[104], line 2
1 # Retrieve CORRECTED FX Buzz comment headlines with date and time
----> 2 headlines_1 = ek.get_news_headlines(query="FXBUZ AND CORRECTED", count=20, date_from=date_from_str, date_to=date_to_str)

File ~\AppData\Local\anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\eikon\news_request.py:126, in get_news_headlines(query, count, date_from, date_to, raw_output, debug)
124 return result

#technologyerrornewsdebugging
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @martin.miller01 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@martin.miller01

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
58 0 1 3

@Jirapongse thank you for confirming. I have same Eikon version, but I had swapped laptops and the newest Jupyter Notebook seems to have been the culprit. I have uninstalled and installed an earlier version via Anaconda and the problems seems to have gone away

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
79.2k 251 52 74

@martin.miller01

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I ran the following code with Eikon Data API 1.1.17.

headlines_1 = ek.get_news_headlines(query="FXBUZ AND CORRECTED", count=20, date_from="2023-07-01", date_to="2023-07-02")

It can display the empty result properly.

1690779943845.png

Please verify the version of Eikon Data API that you are using. What are the values of the date_from and date_to parameters?

1690779943845.png (16.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.