For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

WebSocket API Status message Stream: Redirected

I have been perusing the WebSocket API documentation and noticed that the API provides a StatusMessage with atribute Stream : Redirected.

I would assume this is for the case that a new RIC is assigned to an existing instrument?

Is there any chance that you could send an example of such a message or how to trigger it.

2023.png

#technologyapiwebsockets
2023.png (52.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @mariusz.swiech1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@mariusz.swiech1

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am not sure if the Real-Time network still uses this Redirected message. You need to contact the Data Feed team direclty to verify this.

However, this Redirected message can also be used by third-party providers. Developers can use Refinitiv Real-Time SDKs to publish this message. The message should look like this when using WebSocket.

Sent 
{
    "ID": 5,
    "Key": {
        "Name": "TEST.BK",
        "Service": "ELEKTRON_DD"
    }
}
Received
{
        "ID": 5,
        "Type": "Status",
        "Key": {
            "Service": "ELEKTRON_DD",
            "Name": "TEST1.BK"
        },
        "State": {
            "Stream": "Redirected",
            "Data": "Suspect",
            "Text": "Stream redirect for item: TEST.BK"
        }
    }

The applicaiton needs to focus on State.Stream and the new item in Key.Name.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Thank you for your answer. It is very helpful.

Is there a chance to send me an exisitng RIC example, this TEST.BK does not exist.

icon clock
10 |1500

@mariusz.swiech1

TEST.BK is the test RIC published by my custom provider application.

You may need to contact the content support team to verify if we have RICs that can provide redirected status messsages.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.