question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 4 5 10

registerClient threw OmmInvalidUsageExceptionImpl

I observed this error once on startup when loading 410746 subscriptions, and it did not occur again re-running the same code and RIC set, so it is intermittent and rare. What would be the best way to handle these? (and is this a bug on the refinitiv server side?)

2023-08-15 21:01:23.647 DEBUG [c.n.n.m.r.e.s.EmaSubscriptionConsumer] - SUBSCRIBE /LP68629224
2023-08-15 21:01:23.647 ERROR [c.r.e.a.OmmConsumerImpl] - loggerMsg
    ClientName: SingleItem
    Severity: Error
    Text:    Internal error: rsslChannel.submit() failed in SingleItem.submit(RequestMsg)RsslChannel 0
        Error Id 0
        Internal sysError 0
        Error Location null
        Error Text null
loggerMsgEnd

2023-08-15 21:01:23.651 ERROR [c.n.n.m.r.e.s.EmaSubscriptionProcessor] - While processing subscribe for /LP68629224
com.refinitiv.ema.access.OmmInvalidUsageExceptionImpl: Failed to open or modify item request. Reason: ReactorReturnCodes.FAILURE. Error text: null
        at com.refinitiv.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.ommIUExcept(OmmBaseImpl.java:1871)
        at com.refinitiv.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.handleInvalidUsage(OmmConsumerImpl.java:649)
        at com.refinitiv.ema.access.SingleItem.rsslSubmit(ItemCallbackClient.java:3101)
        at com.refinitiv.ema.access.SingleItem.open(ItemCallbackClient.java:2936)
        at com.refinitiv.ema.access.ItemCallbackClient.registerClient(ItemCallbackClient.java:2210)
        at com.refinitiv.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.registerClient(OmmBaseImpl.java:532)
        at com.refinitiv.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.registerClient(OmmConsumerImpl.java:255)
        at mycode.client.EmaConnection.subscribe(EmaConnection.java:279)
        at mycode.subscription.EmaSubscriptionProcessor.subscribe(EmaSubscriptionProcessor.java:36)
        at mycode.subscription.EmaSubscriptionConsumer.process(EmaSubscriptionConsumer.java:61)

Timestamps are UTC and I was connected to us-east-1-aws-3-lrg.optimized-pricing-api.refinitiv.net:14002 using com.refinitiv.ema:ema:jar:3.7.1.0

#technologyema-api#productjava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @daniel.lipofsky ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @daniel.lipofsky ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @daniel.lipofsky

Based on the given information, the issue happens randomly. If the issue occurs again, please give us all log (or trace) information.

In the meantime, you may contact the RTSDK team via the GitHub issue page to verify this issue in more detail.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

do you want something different from above? I think that's all I have.
Hi @daniel.lipofsky ,

Have you raise the issue in the GitHub issue page as mentioned above? That way the RTSDK team is going to verify the issue in detail.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @daniel.lipofsky

Thank you for contacting us. Do you have more logs or encounter any disconnections when the issue occur?

icon clock
10 |1500

I don't see any sign of disconnect. There is nothing else in the logs and the next call to registerClient worked.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.