question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

news.headline list of possible extended_params

In RD librairies (Python), what is the list of parameters available in the extended_params dictionary of the headlines function below.

news.headlines.Definition(query, count, date_from, date_to, sort_order, extended_params)

#technologyrdp-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @flosalm ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @flosalm

The 'news.headlines.Definition()' is an interface that sits on top of the News Headlines service defined within RDP. The service does support a number of parameters, which are almost entirely covered within the Definition(), however, in the areas where something new comes along that is not supported by the well-defined properties within the Definition, can be included within the 'extended_params'.

Looking the examples and what is defined within the documentation, the only one that I came across that you would need to include within 'extended_params' is the 'relevance' property. You can review the News Reference guide for more details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Relevance is exactly what I'm looking for.

I tested something like that but it doesn't seem to work.

response = news.headlines.Definition(
    query="Refinitiv",
    date_from="20.03.2021", 
    date_to=timedelta(days=-4), 
    count=100,
    extended_params={'relevance':'High'}
).get_data()
response.data.df

My guess is that cursor, relevance and useSCS are available as extended parameters but I would like a working example of that

1693344353891.png

1693344353891.png (87.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @flosalm

The syntax you are specifying is correct. When I enable debug, I can see the parameter included within the underlying request:

ahs.png

I have been testing this and it's unclear whether all the headlines are considered High. I would suggest you reach out to the News content team, via the support desk, to confirm if this specific property is working as expected.

ahs.png (59.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.