question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

news.headline list of possible extended_params

In RD librairies (Python), what is the list of parameters available in the extended_params dictionary of the headlines function below.

news.headlines.Definition(query, count, date_from, date_to, sort_order, extended_params)

#technologyrdp-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.7k 85 39 63

Hi @flosalm

The 'news.headlines.Definition()' is an interface that sits on top of the News Headlines service defined within RDP. The service does support a number of parameters, which are almost entirely covered within the Definition(), however, in the areas where something new comes along that is not supported by the well-defined properties within the Definition, can be included within the 'extended_params'.

Looking the examples and what is defined within the documentation, the only one that I came across that you would need to include within 'extended_params' is the 'relevance' property. You can review the News Reference guide for more details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Relevance is exactly what I'm looking for.

I tested something like that but it doesn't seem to work.

response = news.headlines.Definition(
    query="Refinitiv",
    date_from="20.03.2021", 
    date_to=timedelta(days=-4), 
    count=100,
    extended_params={'relevance':'High'}
).get_data()
response.data.df

My guess is that cursor, relevance and useSCS are available as extended parameters but I would like a working example of that

1693344353891.png

1693344353891.png (87.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.7k 85 39 63

Hi @flosalm

The syntax you are specifying is correct. When I enable debug, I can see the parameter included within the underlying request:

ahs.png

I have been testing this and it's unclear whether all the headlines are considered High. I would suggest you reach out to the News content team, via the support desk, to confirm if this specific property is working as expected.

ahs.png (59.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.