Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Error code 403 | Client Error:

I'm trying to get access to eikon API and after having set up the key and running this code:

ek.set_app_key('<App key>')

df = ek.get_timeseries(["MSFT.O"], start_date="2016-01-01", end_date="2016-01-10")

I get this response, which is the same for any ek command:

2023-11-10 15:34:25,002 P[26760] [MainThread 26264] Error code 403 | Client Error: <!-- IE friendly error message walkround.        
     if error message from server is less than   
     512 bytes IE v5+ will use its own error     
     message instead of the one returned by      
     server.                                 --> 

#technologyapipython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @silvia.mazzoleni

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.5k 253 52 74

@silvia.mazzoleni

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I can run the code properly with my application key.

1699849271018.png

However, If I used the application key provided in the question, I got the following error.

EikonError: Error code 403 | Client Error: {"ErrorCode":1401,"ErrorMessage":"Application key <app key> is not valid!"}

You can refer to this Eikon Data API and Refinitiv Data Library - Troubleshooting article to make sure that Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace is running properly.

You may also refer to the Quick Start guide to make sure that the appliation key was created properly.

Moreove, the error message in the question's description looks stange. It looks like to be the error message from IE, not Eikon.

1699849271018.png (27.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.