question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 5

Manage data access entitements with RTO

Hello,

My client application is using EMA in order to connect to RTO for real time data.

This is a 3 tier application where EMA runs on the server side. My question is having no DACS, how are we supposed to manage data access entitlement for every application user?

Thank you

ema-api#productrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @DimAngelNX ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hello @DimAngelNX,

Currently RTO provides data which is permissioned for a particular ID (Machine ID or Service ID). If you are developing a multi-tier application and need to fan out data to your users, your application will have to enforce entitlements and do "quote counting".

I am not sure how the accounting works and what data agreements would need to be in place for generating exchange reports - your LSEG account manager should be able to find out and provide more detail about that.

I have heard of a "DACS in the cloud" system in the works - for the use case that you mention, but don't have any concrete information about it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok so af far as I understand your reply, my application should be able to produce a report showing which app user has consummed what data (all app users being served by the same subscription using the service_id) ?

Thank you

Yes, but please speak with your LSEG account manager to get details on the legal filing/reporting requirements.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.