Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Eikon API on Power Automate Cloud Flow

Hi team,

I have access to the Eikon API and was able to pull out news data (News Sentiments - Gleaning Insights | Devportal (lseg.com)) by following some tutorial provided by Refinitiv Devportal.

May I know if we can input Eikon API as a custom connector in power automate? as i saw from this post (How Can we USE EIKON API to connect to any RPA tool like power automate , - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community), it seems like we are not able to do so as EIKON API requires a local system to be able to extract the data. However, that post was 3 years ago and I would like to know if there is any update on this.

eikon-data-api#productnewssentiment
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@terrell.chong1

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@terrell.chong1

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@terrell.chong1

Thank you for reaching out to us.

To use Eikon Data API or Refinitiv Data Library with the desktop session, the desktop application (Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace) must be running on the same machine (localhost) as the application because the API retrieves data through the desktop application.

To retrieve data without the desktop application running on the same machine, you need to have the Refinitiv Data Platform account and use Refinitiv Data Library with the rdp.platform session. For more informaiton, please refer to the Refinitiv Data Library for Python overview page.

However, please contact your LSEG account team or sales team directly to discuss the products that are suitable for your requirements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thanks for the clarification! I have some more questions regarding on the types of account that I currently have!

1. I can access to Refinitiv Workspace web, Refinitiv Eikon application and i had obtained the API key from Developer > App Key Generator > API Key. Does this means that I have a desktop access point or platform access point?
  2. What are the different between platform and desktop access point?
icon clock
10 |1500

@terrell.chong1

The RDP platform session is on cloud with this URL (https://api.refinitiv.com).

The API can directly get the data from endpoints on that URL.

According to your informaion, you should have a desktop account, not an RDP account.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.