question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Matlab TRTH Timeseries - Getting two days of data when requesting a year

I am using Matlab to connect to the Datascope API (TRTH). When I try to pull a year's worth of timeseries, intraday data using the below code, I get back two days of data rather than the requested year's worth. I am not specifying an interval in order to get back unaggregated results. I have tried putting in two digits on month and day instead of one (e.g. 06/01/2023) where I had used one prior without any changes to the results. I have added an interval to see if that is required, which did not change the results.

Below is the code I am using:

username = '*username*';

password = '*password*';

c = trth(username,password);

% Importing table with RICs, start dates, and end dates

T = readtable("../input/HistoricalSearchResults_ric.csv");

ric_labels = T.RIC;

ric_start = T.FirstDate;

ric_end = T.LastDate;

% Pulling all RICs

for let_num = 1:length(ric_labels)

security = ric_labels(let_num);

disp(security);

sec = [security,"Ric"];

fields = ["Trade - Price";"Trade - Volume";"Trade - Market VWAP";"Trade - Bid Price";...

"Trade - Bid Size";"Trade - Ask Price";"Trade - Ask Size";"Trade - Qualifiers";...

"Trade - Sequence Number";"Trade - Exchange Time";"Trade - Date";"Trade - Tick Direction";...

"Trade - Open";"Trade - High";"Trade - Low";"Trade - Accumulated Volume";"Trade - Percent Change";...

"Trade - Unique Trade Identification";"Trade - Aggressive Order Condition";"Trade - Net Change"];

startdate = datetime(ric_start(let_num),'InputFormat','MM/dd/yyyy');

enddate = datetime(ric_end(let_num),'InputFormat','MM/dd/yyyy');

d1 = timeseries(c,sec,fields,startdate,enddate);

path = strcat("../output/",security,".csv");

writetimetable(d1,path);

datascope-select#productapitick-history-rest-apitick-datatimeseriesmatlab
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @fm1554

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @fm1554,

Matlab Datafeed toolbox is developed and supported by Matlab.

Its best to ask this question at Matlab support forums.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.