For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 0 3

Websocket - Multiple item request vs batch request

Hi all,

is better to send multiple single item requests or one (or several if needed) batch request?

I guess that batch requests is better but I have found no best practices documentation.

Additionally I have found no API reference with ALL requests/responses specifications and their fields description.

Could you provide me some links please?

Thank you for your help.

#technologywebsocketsrefinitiv-real-time
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
84.6k 287 53 77

@Alex Amat

You can use the Data Model Discovery tool on the LSEG Developer Community to check for the meanings of each field.

1718687366839.png

1718687366839.png (70.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok, thank you. It seems to be usefull, I will try it more deeply.

Anyway I suggest an static document (pdf o whatever) with all request, responses, fields, etc. if possible.
Upvotes
18.9k 85 39 63

Hi @Alex Amat

Sending batch requests is designed to provide convenience and because the overall size of the cargo of data going down is smaller, this would provide less overhead. However, in practice, it may not make a significant material difference.

I don't believe there are best practices but only standard documentation within GitHub where it generally describes the Batch feature.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 1 0 3

Ok, thank you.

And regarding to reference documentation? I receive a lot of fields in "Refresh" or "Update" messages that I don´t know what means and I wasný able to find anything in the dev web, any idea?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.