question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Best practice for obtaining RIC/PermID for companies

Hey together,

is there any best practice how I can get the RIC or PermID automatically (not manually, via an API, or Python Lib Dataplatform) if I have a list of many companies? I only have the information of the companies like name, address, country etc., and as unique identifier only the DUNS number? Does anyone have experience with this?

Best regards
Marcel

#technology#productpython apiricspermid-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
266 1 0 2

Hello @marcel.kuhn

I would encourage you to check the permid.org matching anyway, maybe the expirience is not 100% automated as using the python code, but maybe it will be more efficient in your case.

Here you can download the template and there are few examples provided how it should be populated.

In case of any questions, I'll be happy to assist.

Best Regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
266 1 0 2

Hello @marcel.kuhn

Have you tried to use permid.org Matching APIRecord Matching | PermID

Here are the details: PermID - Record Matching - RESTful API | Devportal (lseg.com)

As you already have a lot of organization details you will be able to get 1000 matches in one file

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

@aleksandra..wawrzyniak Thanks a lot

So far, I used:

opid = OpenPermID()
opid.search("company_name", entityType='organization')

Probably it is very similiar (or the same in the end) to your proposal? But it also just based on the name.. probably there is no other solution... or is it possible to do a combination so like "Name" and "Country" and xyz...

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Thanks! And there is no way to have kind of Lookup to get the PermID from a DUNS number? I can remember, in the past, it was possible?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @aleksandra..wawrzyniak

Could you please help with this follow up question?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.