1 0 0 0

Power hourly prices for europe

Describe the technology

What API are you using? refinitiv: I have a license

What language are you using? python

What environment are you in?Windows

Describe what you've tried

trying to download the hourly prices for power europe

I don't know what i need to do, if i need to use refinitiv.data and get_data or get_history function but i cannot show the prices in my terminal.

Could you help me with the code and can you give me some advice on how to learn more about accessing the Eikon API in detail, especially for the world of commodities?

python#technology#productpython apidatarefinitiv-data-librariescommoditiesenergy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
15.3k 32 5 10

Hi @valentin.garcia ,

Thank you for posting the question in this forum. However, this forum is dedicated to an API usage question hence, The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through the Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyAccount. If the Helpdesk can show you how to retrieve it using =@TR formula in Workspace/Eikon Excel, then the moderators on this forum can help you translate it into get_data method in the data library

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
15.3k 32 5 10

Hi @valentin.garcia ,

To retrieve hourly pricing data of each RIC (instrument), get_history function can be used. and Chain function can be used to retrieve the list of RICs in each chain

For example, RIC .GDAXI, which is Deutsche Boerse DAX Index.

Here I retrieve list of RICs in this chain and retrieve hourly pricing data and get a result as below

import refinitiv.data as rd
from refinitiv.data.discovery import Chain

rd.open_session()

# get list of RICs in the chain
rics = Chain(name="0#.GDAXI")

# get historical data
rd.get_history(rics, ['BID', 'ASK'], interval="1h",
               start = '2024-07-01', end = '2024-07-31')

1722309934850.png

Below are the resources related to the data library

API page: Refinitiv Data Library for Python with Overview, Quickstart guide, Documentation, and Tutorials

Article: The Data Library for Python - Quick Reference Guide (Access layer)

About the commodities data retrieving, as the moderators on this forum are expertise on Refinitiv APIs usage. However, they do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through the Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyAccount. To be of help, ticket number 13779451 was raised on your behalf and the support team is going to contact you soon to assist with this.

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

1722309934850.png (77.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @valentin.garcia ,

Helpdesk mentioned the there are pages in Workspace/Eikon that directs you to the RICs for European Power Hourly quotes.
For the latest Euro prices, refer to the pages:

• <EUPOWERDA> / <EUPOWERDA2>
  • <POWER/1> to <POWER/4>

1722312509931.png

For example, retrieve pricing data of RICs in EUPOWERDA can be done by using the code below and here's the example code of using get_history function EX-1.01.02-GetHistory.ipynb

import refinitiv.data as rd
from refinitiv.data.discovery import Chain

rd.open_session()

rics = Chain(name="EUPOWERDA")

rd.get_history(rics)

1722313064761.pngFor

1722312509931.png (26.5 KiB)
1722313064761.png (95.5 KiB)
Upvotes
85k 289 53 77

@valentin.garcia

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use the Refintiv Data Library for Python with a desktop session or platform session.

To use a desktop session, the desktop application (Eikon or Workspace) must be running concurrently on the same machine and the application key is required to connect to the desktop application.

To use a platform session, you need to have Refinitiv Data Platform credentials (username, password, and application key). Please check the examples on GitHub.

To verify what the problem is, you can enable debug log in the library via the configurations or coding.

refinitiv-data.config.json

{
"logs": {
    "level": "debug",
    "transports": {
      "console": {
        "enabled": false
      },
      "file": {
        "enabled": true,
        "name": "refinitiv-data-lib.log"
      }
    }
  }, 
}

Coding

config = rd.get_config()
config.set_param("logs.transports.file.enabled", True)
config.set_param("logs.transports.file.name", "refinitiv-data-lib.log")
config.set_param("logs.level", "debug")
rd.open_session(....)

The refinitiv-data-lib.log file will be created.

icon clock
10 |1500

thanks Jirapongse,

I am currently setting up the backend for analysis such as ML, RNN, etc., using Eikon data. In this regard, I would prefer not to use a license on the PC where I run the modeling, as I would rather use these licenses on the trading PCs. I understand that the best solution for this would be access through the platform.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello,

Thank you for your help, but I'm trying to download the 24 hourly SPOT prices for electricity. Access to futures data is as you indicated, but not for hourly SPOT prices in different countries

1722935392668.png

1722935414775.png

1722935392668.png (175.4 KiB)
1722935414775.png (80.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.