For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
73 2 5 5

DSS does not return CUSIP, ISIN, or SEDOL

I am attempting to retrieve the CUSIP, ISIN, and SEDOL of a list of instruments but I am not getting any values being returned. Attempted this using tutorial 8 : T&C On Demand Extraction where the default fields are CUSIP etc. and I am still not receiving any results either.

Looking through the web client, attempting a manual report also does not return any results, so could this be an issue with my account or the server?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssricsrest-apisymbologyisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jayzoww, can you please share the details of your request, in particular the body (including the list of instruments). That will help us debug.

static string[] CreateRequestedFieldNames()
        {
            string[] requestedFieldNames = { "RIC", "CUSIP", "ISIN", "SEDOL", "Issuer OrgID", "Currency Code" };
            return requestedFieldNames;
        }
static InstrumentIdentifier[] PopulateInstrumentIdentifiers()
        {
InstrumentIdentifier[] instrumentIdentifiers = new InstrumentIdentifier[1];
            instrumentIdentifiers[0] = new InstrumentIdentifier
            {
                IdentifierType = IdentifierType.Ric,
                Identifier = "IBM.N"
            };
            return instrumentIdentifiers;
        }

I have also found that the web client does not return those requested fields either with a manual report.

@jayzoww, Tutorial 8 is a Composite extraction, whereas Tutorial 7 is a T&C.

I have just tried running the Postman calls (from the downloadable collection) for both Tutorials 7 and 8, they work fine and return data for IBM.N as expected.

Can you try running the tutorial calls from Postman ? I'd like to understand if the issue is related to your account or to the way you submit the request.

Show more comments
Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
73 2 5 5

Turns out this is an account privileges error, not an error on the part of the server or the request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for letting us know.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.