For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
114 3 6 7

ADS 3.2 Websockets : python/GO (at least) example clients receives null refresh message then proceeds updates

ws-test-debuglog.txt

ws-test.txt

Hi dear support team, we have one team that should start using ADS Websockets today, but we discovered an issue while doing the pre-production tests.

ADS version : trep3.2.0.L1.B1 (linux rhel7 64bit)

We are using python and GO examples (latest from the developpers page) and subscribing to two different index onto default (IDN_SELECTFEED) service.

When subscribing .SPX, all is OK. When subscribing .FTSE, only the updates are received, not the initial image (refresh) both in python and GO.

Attached is the python output, showing an issue when receiving the refresh apparently - please note that updates are coming up after :

-----
RECEIVED:
No handlers could be found for logger "websocket"
------

In GO, the refresh message returns "null", then the updates are received correctly also. I attached python command line and ADS debug logger trace.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Julien

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
ws-test.txt (1.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello @julien.dominici

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
361 1 4 3

Hi Julien,

This is an issue where invalid content was output for some of the fields in items like .FTSE. This is fixed in 3.2.1.L1.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
114 3 6 7

Hi Jim, I believe you are referring to '

TREP-1568; Invalid JSON if RMTES STRING Contains all NULL Characters' - just to let you know that our TREP is now running 3.2.1.L1 as per your recommendation and of course, doing fine.

I should have seen that prior to the ticket opening, my bad. Many thanks.

Julien

icon clock
10 |1500

Julien, no problem. Thanks for the update.

And yes, TREP-1568 is the one I was referring to.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.