For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 4 2 3

Testing the Java example of Websocket consumer "Java Market Price Example"

I have tried using EMA Consumer example with sink_driven_src to get the feed.

I am now trying to run the Websocket based Consumer, please can anyone help me how it can be tested against any test server which will provide the feeds like sink_driven_src.

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtosink-driven-source
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @amar.a.panigrahi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @amar.a.panigrahi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

Another option is using TREP 3.2. You can run TREP 3.2 which supports WebSocket to connect to sink_driven_src and then run the Websocket based Consumer to connect to TREP 3.2.

For example, you can use ADS POP and configure it to connect to sink_driven_src and enable WebSocket connection on ADS POP.

With this method, you can consume data from sink_driven_src via WebSocket connection.

However, you need to contact your Thomson Reuters Account for a license to run ADS POP.

adspop.png (6.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @amar.a.panigrahi

Now Thomson Reuters provides Real-Time Data in the Cloud. As far as I know it supports Websocket so it may serve your requirement. For more detail and process to access it, please refer to Thomson Reuters Elektron Data Platform Real-Time Data in the Cloud

If the suggestion above does not serve your requirement, please contact your Thomson Reuters Account team who can provide you with other solutions.

icon clock
10 |1500

You mean to say that there is cloud based service which will provide us the feeds.

and we should get this host from Thomson Reuters and get the traffic opened from our network to hit this host.

I believe, we will be able to test the connection using rmdstestclient?

So its not available for testing purpose?

We have received the username and password from Thomson Reuters, so the next step would be to get the authentication token using your Rest API?

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @amar.a.panigrahi

Thomson Reuters Elektron Data Platform Real-Time Data in the Cloud provides Thomson Reuters Amazon Machine Image (AMI). The AMI contains Websocket application. After you launch and connect to an Amazon AWS EC2 based on this AMI, you can use Websocket application on EC2 to consume data from the feed without using rmdstestclient. For the steps and details, please refer to Quick Start - Connecting to Elektron Real Time in Cloud

Real-Time Data in the Cloud supports Amazon EC2 instance customers only currently.

If Real-Time Data in the Cloud which I explained above does not meet your requirements, you should contact Thomson Reuters Account team/Representative who can help you to find the proper solution.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.