For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
6 1 5 7

How do I request a list of upcoming economic indicators via the websockets API?

I have been tasked with building a component that does the following:

• List all upcoming Economic Indicators
  • Subscribe to (a subset) of those ECIs to get latest updates on forecast, actual values and date changes

My plan is a twofold approach:

First a "request-response" type request to retrieve a list of all upcoming Economic Indicators (defined by a date range, e.g. the next 3 months)

Second a "subscribe" type request to subscribe to updates (forecast + actual + date changes) on specific RIC codes (for example "USCFNA=ECI")

Does this sound viable?

How would the messages look like that I have to send to the websocket? (I already managed to send a Login message successfully...

Many thanks!
Wolfgang

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoeconomic-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @32659533-f0f4-474c-99ce-5f920d564ec6,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't believe there's any way to retrieve the list of upcoming economic releases. The best you can do is retrieve the list of all economic indicator RICs for a given country using country economic indicator chain, e.g. <0#ECONALLUS>. Then you can filter the indicators scheduled to be released say in the next 3 weeks based on the value of FIDs ECI_ACT_DT and NDOR_1.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.