For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
6 2 5 7

How do I request a list of upcoming economic indicators via the websockets API?

I have been tasked with building a component that does the following:

• List all upcoming Economic Indicators
  • Subscribe to (a subset) of those ECIs to get latest updates on forecast, actual values and date changes

My plan is a twofold approach:

First a "request-response" type request to retrieve a list of all upcoming Economic Indicators (defined by a date range, e.g. the next 3 months)

Second a "subscribe" type request to subscribe to updates (forecast + actual + date changes) on specific RIC codes (for example "USCFNA=ECI")

Does this sound viable?

How would the messages look like that I have to send to the websocket? (I already managed to send a Login message successfully...

Many thanks!
Wolfgang

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoeconomic-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 78 11 27

I don't believe there's any way to retrieve the list of upcoming economic releases. The best you can do is retrieve the list of all economic indicator RICs for a given country using country economic indicator chain, e.g. <0#ECONALLUS>. Then you can filter the indicators scheduled to be released say in the next 3 weeks based on the value of FIDs ECI_ACT_DT and NDOR_1.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.