Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

With which instruments and formula are 'TR.PriceClose' and 'TR.EV' linked ?

Hi,

On Eikon Python API, I'm trying to find out the exact instruments and calculation linking 'TR.EV' to 'TR.PriceClose'. I tried to subtract 'TR.NetDebt' to 'TR.EV' to have the Equity Value. And then to divide by 'TR.TtlCmnSharesOut', but I don't get 'TR.PriceClose' exactly.

I also tried to remove Minority Interest but I doesn't work neither.

I suspect I'm not using the good number of shares.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidataricspricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Alex Putkov. @Zhenya Kovalyov

Could you please help the client regarding this Eikon Data api question?

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @lemaitre.alban

Your question is more of a data explanation and should be answered by Refinitive Helpdesk team. I see that you have already a case opened but they were confused with the API request which really has nothing to do here as the answer is applicable for Eikon application as well. I will get in touch with them and ask to help you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @marcin.bunkowski,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, I got in touch with the HelpDesk for this matter and they asked me to start a thread here.

Regards

Per explanation provided through the Helpdesk the relationship between TR.EV and TR.PriceClose is as follows.TR.EV=TR.CompanyMarketCap+TR.TotalDebtOutstanding+TR.MinorityInterestNonRedeemable-TR.CashandSTInvestments,
where TR.CompanyMarketCap=TR.SharesIssued*TR.PriceClose

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.