For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

Multiple Connections to consume ERT Cloud Service

Hi team,

In the documentation regarding the ERT Cloud (https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/websocket-api/docs?content=45485&type=documentation_item) in the section 2.8.4 about Multiple Connections, it says 5 simultaneous connections using the same access token are supported, But when I tried with more than 5 connections using the same access token, all connections were working and getting the streaming data. Can you clarify this and shed some more light into the topic?

Thank You

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkwebsocketsconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @bansalshah, The number of concurrent connections is restricted to 5 on a given ADSPOP (infrastructure component which provides market data). However, there is a load balancer for incoming connections, which can route a connection to a different ADSPOP, and a user may get away with the 5 connection limit sometimes. Hence, I will recommend to refrain from depending on this feature, or else your new connections might be rejected randomly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hi @bansalshah, I will check with product team and clarify. Maybe, it is a restriction that is not in place yet and might be enforced in near future.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Gurpreet.
Did you get the answer from the product manager?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.