Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 1 4 10

How to retrieve full lists of all exchange codes and index RICs?

Hi, I wish to know how to retrieve the full lists of all exchange codes and index RICs using the EIKON DATA API. In other words, how to retrieve all the unique values in the fields TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode and TR.PriceMainIndexRIC. Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatachain-ricexchange-codes
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Just to add, if the Exchange codes are based on the MICs listed in ISO 10383, then I will get the list from there. In that case, I will just need to know how to get the list of index RICs. Thanks.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi YC

In my best understanding of the question, it is about content.

The members of the developer community and the moderators of the forum may have some understanding of the content involved. We aim to answer the question if our answer can be of help.

However, the in-depth understanding of specific content requires the knowledge of an expert in that content area. As our customer, you can tap this expertise by opening a case via Content Helpdesk Online or calling your local Refinitiv support number. The option to pick is ' i need help identifying content".

For the possible value of TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode and TR.PriceMainIndexRIC

If you would like to explore it yourselves, you can use SCREENER app on Eikon Desktop.

You can take a few sample RICs from each exchange and try to see the market id and index RIC.

In my example, I selected STOCK EXCHANGE OF THAILAND.

ahs2.png (155.3 KiB)
ahs.png (173.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

That worked very well. How do receive the ISIN in addition?

Hello @felixrostek

You can get ISIN from ek.get_data with TR.ISIN field.

In the sam ewindow you can choose more columns. Thanks.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.