For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 3

Number of result is different from the number of rics requested

We already have a python program running to acquire API response for multiple rics. When we tried 50 symbols, the return data is only 30. After multiple trials, here are the results:

• Run 1 50 symbols = 30 returns
  • Run 2 = 27 returns
  • Run 3 = 44 returns
  • Run 4 = 26 returns
  • Run 5 = 31 retuns

Would like to know why there are inconsistency in the number of returns?

Here are the rics used in the python call:

/CAT.N,/CVX.N,/DVYE.P,/ENPH.OQ,/EXC.N,/FCAL.OQ,/FDN.P,/ICSH.K,/JPGE.P,/MDY.P,/QDF.P,/RZG.P,/USMV.Z,/VT.K,/VTV.P,/XLF.P,/AAPL.OQ,/BSJK.P,/CSCO.OQ,/DON.P,/EMO.N,/FPEI.P,/FVD.P,/RTN.N,/VCR.P,/VCSH.OQ,/VIG.P,/VOT.P,/AMLP.P,/AMZN.OQ,/FRFHF.PK,/GOOGL.OQ,/IJT.OQ,/INTC.OQ,/MINT.P,/RPG.P,/RYF.P,/UN.N,/UNH.N,/VEA.P,/VHT.P,/XOM.N,/BND.OQ,/BX.N,/CVS.N,/EEMX.P,/ETB.N,/FAST.OQ,/FMB.OQ,/IGM.P,/JHMM.P,/JNJ.N,/MCD.N,/MO.N,/NSRGY.PK,/PSCT.OQ,/SOUHY.PK

Sample return:

26 out of 50

pythontreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
1574802575851.png (65.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rreyes,

Could you share the information requested by Umer and Wasin?

Hello @rreyes

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@rreyes

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @rreyes

Do you connect the Python WebSocket application to your local ADS server or ERT in the Cloud?

Could you please share your WebSocket JSON item request and response messages when the problem occurs?

I did a quick check with Python market_rpice_batch_view.py example and your list of items. The example always returns 55 items refresh messages and 2 status messages "The record could not be found" for /VT.K and /EXC.N items. Please see my results in result1.txt and result2.txt files.

result1.txt (425.8 KiB)
result2.txt (425.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @rreyes

I have tested the PyWSTestClient example against both ADS server and ERT in Cloud with 3000 RICs and the result has been consistent across each run.

I get all my valid instruments back and get status messages for any items I am not permissioned for or invalid instruments in the RIC list.

As per Wasin's suggestion, capture the full sent and received JSON messages and share them here (minus your login credentials).

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @rreyes,Are you able to share the capture, as suggsted by @Umer Nalla ?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.