question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 2 1

I am trying to capture EMA streaming data to JSON. How to do this ?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apidatajson
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ashwathguru.s

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@ashwathguru.s

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ashwathguru.s

If you want to convert the incoming payload to JSON then you will need to parse / iterate through the payload and convert to JSON yourself - we do not provide JSON conversion helpers with EMA.

Not sure what your implementation requirement is exactly - but if all you want to do is convert streaming data to JSON format then you could consider using our Websocket API instead - this uses JSON messages as the data format and therefore may be more suitable i.e. you send JSON message requests to the server and it responds with a JSON payload.

You will find examples in various programming languages on the Download tab.

Full JSON message format documentation is available here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, thank you for your input. I am new here. Just want to confirm if the content of the data fetched through EMA and websocket API is the same,is it the same ?

Hi @ashwathguru.s

Assuming you are consuming the data from the same service name on the same server the data should be the same.

A few points worth being aware of:

All realtime data on Elektron Realtime in Cloud is conflated - Full Tick is not supported - regardless of which API is used to consume the data. Essentially the current conflation rate is all trade type events + 3 quotes a second if no trades take place.

If, however, you are consuming data from an internal ADS then the tick rate will be determined by how your Market Data team has configured the particular service you are consuming from - this is independent of the API choice.

Hello @ashwathguru.s

If you are consuming data from an internal ADS, please note that the ADS version must be version 3.2.1 and above.

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

Hi @ashwathguru.s , I am also using EMA and want the output data in JSON format. Were you able to convert your data into JSON ? If yes, then can you share the example code ?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.