For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

ids-rest Chart Data Example

RE: IDS1.7.5.L1.rhel6_x86_64.tis.rrg

This software comes with an ids-rest example, which has html pages for Chart Data, Quote, News, News Statistic, and Yield Curve.

The Quote page works correctly, and returns good data for the item requested.

The Chart Data example however returns this error: Root Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException.

".com.reuters.sds.ts.tsi.connection.TSIConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(TSIConnectionManagerImpl.java:171)"

Under the IDS software tree, the path com/reuters/sds/ts/tsi/connection does not exist, really nothing even close. Neither does TSIConnectionManagerImpl.java, or any file beginning with TSI.

Do we have a correction to get the Chart Data example working? Am I perhaps missing a library with the TSI connection files?

Thanks for all help, Bill C.

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtotime-series
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @bill.cunningham,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14
Hello @bill.cunningham

I am not the IDS server expert but based on my knowledge, the IDS server needs to connect to a DBU server for Time-series data (including the chart service). Does the DBU connection/service UP? The idsmon tool should be able to let you check this.

If the IDS server already connects to DBU and the service is UP but you still encounter the problem, I suggest you contact the TRIS support team to help you verify the IDS server side.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.