For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 3

Websocket endpoints standard vs premium configuation

Hi

I have question on how to identify the "Standard vs Premium Connection" configuration.

Discovery service just returns with location array with either us-east-1a mapped to amer1 endpoint or us-east-1b mapped to amer2 endpoint.

OR location array with multiple entries (both 1a and 1b mapped to amer3 endpoint).

Based on documentation I think amer3 is standard configuration and in our application we would like to go with this type of configuration.

How do we identify amer3 is standard configuration? there is no attribute in response that tells us this info.

{

"port":443,

"location":[

"us-east-1a",

"us-east-1b"

],

"provider":"aws",

"transport":"websocket",

"endpoint":"amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com",

"dataFormat":[

"tr_json2"

]

},

{

"us-east-1a"

],

"endpoint":"amer-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com",

"tr_json2"

]

},

{

"us-east-1b"

],

"endpoint":"amer-2.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com",

"tr_json2"

]

}

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @krishna muppavarapu

I have found the table below in page 22 of ERT_Cloud_20.pdf . I am not sure if this what you are looking for:

For more details, please refer to ERT_Cloud_20.pdf

You may contact Elektron Real Time in Cloud support team via MyRefinitiv to confirm standard vs premium configuration.

aznamematch.png (110.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

By looking at the table I can tell "Standard" configuration for US is mapped to amer3 endpoint...But how do I programmatically find that...Should we just look at if end point mapped to more than one location then it is standard configuration?

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @krishna muppavarapu

Sorry. I do not know how to find "Standard" configuration programmatically. Please contact Elektron Real Time in Cloud support team via MyRefinitiv . The team should be able to help you on this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @krishna muppavarapu,

I don't believe there is a difference between ERT websocket pricing endpoints that are discernible to a connecting Elektron Websocket consumer application.

If you are using discovery mechanism, you will be pointed to your regional endpoint which is most available at the time of the discovery request, which will provide you with standard service.

I am not sure, but guessing that you may be thinking of other Premium services, not ERT.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.