question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 14 15 18

LAST PRICE

Hi,

How do I get the last price of a RIC code using EMA API. Is the field TRDPRC_1? My message model is: "MMT_MARKET_PRICE" and servicename is "ELEKTRON_DD"

Regards,

JO

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello JO @josa,

The content (set of fields) that is made available for an instrument, is defined by the provider of the instrument, for example, exchange. It does not depend on the API it's consumed with, for example, EMA.

The definitions of the fields are available in a static dictionary file that came with SDK,

within Elektron SDK, in folder /etc, please find static file RDMFieldDictionary. In it::

TRDPRC_1   "LAST"                   6  TRDPRC_2    PRICE              17  REAL64           7 !
! Last trade price or value.

A more comprehensive source of information of content is Data Model tool, look up TRDPRC_1 for the meaning of the field and which exchanges/model types populate it with content.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Great. Thanks @zoya.farberov.

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @josa,

Yes, the latest trading price during market hours for equities will be carried in the TRDPRC_1 field. However, outside trading hours, this field will likely be cleared at some point. But the HST_CLOSE field will carry the historical closing price.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
37 14 15 18

@nick.zincone.1, is there a generic fields for LAST price that is same for all asset classes (just like BID and ASK)?

icon clock
10 |1500

@josa,

I don't believe so. I would suggest you contact the Refinitiv Support desk to confirm. They are best suited to help with questions related to the content.

Upvotes
37 14 15 18

Thanks @nick.zincone.1. I will check.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.