For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

Service Discovery Request Concerns

Hi team,

This question is specific to making a service discovery request after the login request with two possiblities:

1. If the login is successful and we get the access_token to make the request. Is there a scenario that services do not come back in the service discovery (Like no services are available at that time)? Should we make another try for this discovery?
  2. If the login only fails because the Auth Service only did not respond with the tokens in its response? Is it possible the auth service can be down? Is there a backup for this service?

Have to do all sanity checks before final deployment of the product so such questions.

elektron-sdktreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @bansalshah,

• We did not experience that but was just wondering if that was possible. Also lets say a user is in US(amer region) and get the service enpoints of "emea". Would the user be allowed to connect to those services or there are restrictions to do so?

In theory, you should be able to access all 9 endpoints, i.e. 3 each of amer, emea, apac. I was able to retrieve services from all 9 endpoints. All the services returned were the same. I don't know how permission works for this, but if you find you can't access the streaming services from the different regions, this should be a permission setting you can coordinate via your Refinitiv Account Manger.

• Yeah I got the working mechanism of the Auth Service but what if that service is down? Is there a backup for the same?

I don't know how the Auth service works in the backend if it is down. As far as I can tell, this is the main entry point and there are no alternative backup endpoints offered. I would suggest if you have questions regarding the backend services, you should open a Refinitiv Support Ticket and they will involve the service/server teams.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you so much for the response .@nick.zincone.1 . I will raise the ticket to Refinitiv support for more queries.

Upvotes
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @bansalshah,

1. I can't think of a scenario where the services do not come back once you login. Is this what you are experiencing?

2. When you authenticate with the Auth Service, you do that through a well-defined endpoint. If you are not authenticated, you wouldn't even attempt to form a WebSocket connection.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi .@nick.zincone.1, Thank you for the quick response.

1. We did not experience that but was just wondering if that was possible. Also lets say a user is in US(amer region) and get the service enpoints of "emea". Would the user be allowed to connect to those services or there are restrictions to do so?

2. Yeah I got the working mechanism of the Auth Service but what if that service is down? Is there a backup for the same?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.