For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 1 3

Maximum number of open streams - Elektron Websocket API:

For the Websocket API, is there a limit on the number of RICs I can get updates for?

I've already viewed the question for maximum number of items in a batch request, but want to know if there is a general limit?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jonathan.powell

Not aware of any particular limits - but I have tested with 3k items open at any one time from an ERT in Cloud connection.

Note that my test was not doing much with the responses - other than dumping to a file.

If you are processing the data, then please ensure your application is able to process all the updates in a timely manner. If it is slow in consuming the data - it will start to buffer on the server - which will disconnect if its buffer limits for each connection are exceeded.

Therefore, please test thoroughly for an extended period - including any peak activity times - e.g. market open or other high volatility events to ensure the application is not a slow consumer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.