question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 8 13 13

org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException Java API

Hi I am trying to run an example (example450__MarketPrice__QueryServiceDiscovery) and facing an error

in serviceDiscovery.registerClient

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/http/client/ClientProtocolException

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.RestClient.<init>(RestClient.java:62)

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor$1.<init>(Reactor.java:971)

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.createRestClient(Reactor.java:970)

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.initRestClientForQueryServiceDiscovery(Reactor.java:1057)

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.queryServiceDiscovery(Reactor.java:932)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ServiceEndpointDiscoveryImpl.registerClient(ServiceEndpointDiscoveryImpl.java:192)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ServiceEndpointDiscoveryImpl.registerClient(ServiceEndpointDiscoveryImpl.java:99)

at testSample.Consumer.main(Consumer.java:293)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 8 more

I have the following code, which reads machineid/userName, password,clientid, keyfile and keypasswd. I have these vales stored in config.properties files

static boolean readCommandlineArgs(String[] args, OmmConsumerConfig config)

{

try

{

int argsCount = 0;

Consumer cons = new Consumer();

Properties properties = new Properties();

InputStream fs = cons.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("config.properties"); //new InputStreamReader("config.properties");

properties.load(fs);

userName = properties.getProperty("userName");

password = properties.getProperty("password");

clientId = properties.getProperty("clientId");

config.tunnelingKeyStoreFile(properties.getProperty("keyfile"));

config.tunnelingKeyStorePasswd(properties.getProperty("keypasswd"));

if ( userName == null || password == null || clientId == null)

{

System.out.println("Username, password, and clientId must be specified on the command line. Exiting...");

printHelp();

return false;

}

}

catch (Exception e)

{

printHelp();

return false;

}

return true;

}

And my properties file is like this

userName=GE-A-11111111-1-1111

password=NWfcW@g)>(Q[abcd_2(RdRmY#QhsN`/r/f9^~8.)q<&j9<Q<z3

clientId=2a93d054b1cd4f00a7b12345c5ee890a2ad7b18b

keyfile=c:\\KeyStore\\local.keystore

keypasswd=abcd123@

Can anybody help in fixing this issue?

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @dhruv.arora

I can replicate the issue in Eclipse IDE by manual adding the jar files library. I found the that the EMA Java application also requires the following jar files library:

• json-20180130.jar
  • httpclient-4.5.3.jar
  • httpclient-cache-4.5.3.jar
  • httpcore-4.4.12.jar
  • httpcore-nio-4.4.12.jar
  • httpmime-4.5.3.jar

The above jar files are available at <Elektron-SDK>\Elektron-SDK-BinaryPack\Java\Eta\Libs\ApacheClient <Elektron-SDK>\Elektron-SDK-BinaryPack\Java\Eta\Libs folders.

After I added the above jar files, I can run example 450 successfully.

By the way, I always prefer using Apache Maven to handle EMA Java dependency for the application instead of manual add jar files.

ema-result.png (97.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much Wasin. It worked very well. Thanks again

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @dhruv.arora

A few points:

1. Can you confirm if the example works fine if you use the command line before you made the changes to use your properties file?
  2. I can see in the snippet above that you are populating the OmmConsumerConfig with the values you read from your file, but I can't see how that is then used subsequently in the remainder of the OmmConsumer initialising and startup code.
  3. Also, it is not clear if the credential values are being correctly passed to the serviceDiscovery.registerClient() as well

Assuming the unmodified example works, I would recommend you revert your code changes to the most basic i.e. replacing the readCommandlineArgs function to read from your properties file rather than the command line and no other changes (e.g. you are creating a Consumer instance which is at least one difference I can see). Verify that works and then make incremental changes. This should help you identify any possible issues with your code changes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

Hi @Umer Nalla

I am getting the following error when trying to execute from the command prompt

A problem occurred evaluating root project

Could not set unknown property 'mainClass' for extension 'application' of type org.gradle.api.plugins.internal.DefaultJavaApplication.

Can you please help me? I have been struggling to execute the example for last 2 days.

Thanks, Dhruv

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @dhruv.arora

I can run the EMA Java Consumer450 with the following steps:

1. In the <ESDK Java>/Java folder, run gradlew.bat jar command
  2. Once gradle download all dependencies and build the library success, run gradlew.bat Ema:Examples:tasks --all command
  3. Then run EMA Java Consumer450 with the following command
.\gradlew.bat runconsumer450 --args='-username GE-A-XXXXX -password password -clientId clientid -keyfile C:\keystores\keystore.jks -keypasswd keypasswd'

Note: My environment is Windows 10, Oracle JDK 1.8.0 update 241 and Gradle 6.2.2.

Did you run gradlew jar and gradlew Ema:Examples:tasks --all commands yet?

Could you please give me your environment detail such as OS, JDK version and Gradle version?

Which command that returns Could not set unknown property 'mainClass' ... error message?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

Hi @Wasin Waeosri

I followed the instructions given by you and was able to execute the example and no more facing any error. When I executed the command

\gradlew.bat runconsumer450 --args='-username GE-A-XXXXX -password password -clientId clientid -keyfile C:\keystores\keystore.jks -keypasswd keypasswd' with my credentials

I started seeing the various services(9 in total) like the following one but also seeing a lot of error messages (please see in bold below). I can't see any market price information for "IBM.N"

I am using Gradle 6.5.1 and Java version is "1.8.0_251" on Windows 10.

Service :

Provider : aws

Transport : tcp

Endpoint : amer-2.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com

Port : 14002

Data Format : rwf

Jul 15, 2020 10:48:37 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback

INFO: loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Info

Text: Received ChannelUp event on channel Channel_1

Instance Name Consumer_1_1

Component Version ads3.2.1.L1.linux.tis.rrg 64-bit

loggerMsgEnd

StatusMsg

streamId="5"

domain="MarketPrice Domain"

state="Closed / Suspect / Not entitled / 'Access Denied: User req to PE(62)'"

name="IBM.N"

nameType="1"

serviceId="257"

serviceName="ELEKTRON_DD"

StatusMsgEnd

Jul 15, 2020 10:52:36 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback

WARNING: loggerMsg

Severity: Warning

Text: Received Channel warning event on channel Channel_1

RsslReactor @4b86d968

RsslChannel @589a880b

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Failed REST request from HTTP status code 400 for user: GE-A-01444311-3-2480. Text: {"error_description":"iPlanet session has been expired.","error":"access_denied"}

loggerMsgEnd

Jul 15, 2020 10:56:42 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback

RsslReactor @4b86d968

RsslChannel @589a880b

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error text Failed REST request from HTTP status code 400 for user: GE-A-01444311-3-2480. Text: {"error_description":"iPlanet session has been expired.","error":"access_denied"}

loggerMsgEnd

Jul 15, 2020 11:00:48 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback

RsslReactor @4b86d968

RsslChannel @589a880b

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

loggerMsgEnd

Jul 15, 2020 11:03:39 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelDictionary processCallback

ClientName: ChannelDictionary

Text: RDMDictionary stream was closed with status message

streamId 3

Reason State: Closed/Suspect/None - text: "Login stream was closed."

loggerMsgEnd

Jul 15, 2020 11:03:39 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelDictionary processCallback

ClientName: ChannelDictionary

Text: RDMDictionary stream was closed with status message

streamId 4

Reason State: Closed/Suspect/None - text: "Login stream was closed."

loggerMsgEnd

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 6.0.

Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.

See https://docs.gradle.org/5.4.1/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 15m 17s

11 actionable tasks: 2 executed, 9 up-to-date

Thanks

Dhruv

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @dhruv.arora

The example 450 subscribes "IBM.N" item (RIC) by default. The "Closed / Suspect / Not entitled / 'Access Denied: User req to PE(62)'" error message means you do not have a permission to subscribe IBM.N item.

You can change the RIC name in Example 450 Consumer.java file line:

consumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("ELEKTRON_DD").name("IBM.N"), appClient);

Then rebuild the project and re-run the application.

Hi Wasin, thanks, it worked with another RIC

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

Hi @Umer Nalla

I followed Wasin Waeosri's instructions and was able to connect to service and execute the example consumer450 from the command line

but when tried to execute the example using code in eclipse (gave the same credentials), I come across the same error like the below

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/http/client/ClientProtocolException

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.RestClient.<init>(RestClient.java:62)

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.createRestClient(Reactor.java:970)

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.initRestClientForQueryServiceDiscovery(Reactor.java:1057)

at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.queryServiceDiscovery(Reactor.java:932)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ServiceEndpointDiscoveryImpl.registerClient(ServiceEndpointDiscoveryImpl.java:192)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ServiceEndpointDiscoveryImpl.registerClient(ServiceEndpointDiscoveryImpl.java:99)

at EMAConsumer.Consumer.main(Consumer.java:306)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 8 more

when the code comes at "serviceDiscovery.registerClient" as mentioned in my original question also before. Although, I am using the same credentials which I used to execute from the command line. Can you please help me with this error?

Thanks

Dhruv

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @dhruv.arora

Do you manual add the ESDK library files to the Eclipse project? Beside the ema-<version>.jar, upa-<version>.jar and upaValueAdd-<version>.jar files, the EMA Java application also requires the following jar files dependency:

• commons-collections-3.2.2.jar
  • commons-configuration-1.10.jar
  • commons-lang-2.6.jar
  • commons-logging-1.2.jar
  • slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar
  • slf4j-jdk14-1.7.12.jar

The above files are available at <Elektron-SDK>\Elektron-SDK-BinaryPack\Java\Ema\Libs folder.

Hi @Wasin Waeosri,

I am using the following jars in the example code in eclipse

commons-collections-3.2.2.jar, commons-configuration-1.10.jar, commons-lang-2.6.jar, commons-logging-1.2.jar, ema-3.5.0.0.jar, ema-3.5.0.0-javadoc.jar, httpcore-4.4.12.jar, httpcore-nio-4.4.12.jar, slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar, slf4j-jdk14-1.7.12.jar, upa-3.5.0.0.jar, upaValueAdd-3.5.0.0.jar

I am using the same credentials which I used to run the example from command prompt but the code throws error when calling method serviceDiscovery.registerClient". In this method, username (which is the machineid), password and clientId are the mandatory inputs and other inputs like proxyHostName, proxyPort,proxyUserName, proxyPassword,proxyDomain and proxyKrb5Configfile can remain null.

I am getting the following error:

I have uploaded the file in text as here it was not taking file with java extension.

Consumer.txt

Using the values in config.properties

userName=GE-A-01111111-3-1111

password=NPcnS@g)>(Q[trBU_2(EkLOY#QhsN`/r/f9^~8.)q<&a7<Q<c8

clientId=2a93d054b1cd4f00a7b60231c5ee901a3ad7b18b

keyfile=c:\\KeyStore\\dhruv_keystore.jks

keypasswd=pass1234@

Thanks a lot,

Dhruv

consumer.txt (11.8 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.