question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 9 13 13

OmmInvalidUsageException login failed (timed out)

Hi

I get the following error when trying to execute the jar file from ec2

20:08:56.666 [main] ERROR com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl - loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Error

Text: Received ChannelDown event on channel Channel_1

Instance Name Consumer_1_1

RsslReactor Channel is null

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=0 text=null

loggerMsgEnd

Exception in thread "main" Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:14002)', Error Code='-4052'

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.ommIUExcept(OmmBaseImpl.java:1380)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.handleLoginReqTimeout(OmmBaseImpl.java:1193)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.handleAdminDomains(OmmConsumerImpl.java:446)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.initialize(OmmBaseImpl.java:280)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.<init>(OmmConsumerImpl.java:43)

at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(EmaFactory.java:236)

at EMAConsumer.Consumer.main(Consumer.java:261)

But when i run the jar file on my local system, it runs fine and keeps pulling the data. I have enabled port 14002 also on ec2. Please let me know, if i need to do anything else?

Thanks

Dhruv

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 41 11 20

In conclusion, quoting from comments:

"It is solved now. I was using \\home\\ubuntu\\keystore.jks instead of //home//ubuntu//keystore.jks. It should have been // instead of \\ in my configuration file. "

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

The OmmConsumer throws an invalid usage exception when it times out in the constructor waiting for the login or connection up event. This is a built in behavior. Does your app handle exceptions?
Please post the code of your app to see if everything is "as designed".

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.