For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

Revoke Token in Websocket API

Hi team,

Recently I tried using the https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/revoke url in the API playground and tried to revoke my refresh-token obtained in the the authentication step. I get an Internal Server Error, code:500.

I tried the same in Postman tool with the EDP Collection obtained from Websocket API page and get the same.

{
    "error": "server_error"
}

Can you please let me know what might be the issue here? And also what is the correct way to revoke a user's token?

Does this API need to be passed an access_token or the refresh_token in the "token" parameter?

Thank you,

Bansal

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @bansalshah,

The contents of the body within the POST message you send should contain:

{
     "client_id"="<Your Machine ID>", 
     "token"="<Your Refresh Token>", 
     "token_type_hint"="refresh_token"
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @bansalshah

Additionally, the Refinitiv Real-Time Optimize (formerly known as ERT in Cloud) uses the RDP APIs Auth service for authentication. You can find a full explanation about how the RDP token works and example in the following resources:

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.