For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
44 10 13 14

WebSocket API - Do we have any limitation on the requested items when requesting a single Batch Request?

Hi Team,

I am going to send one single batch request for multiple items and I can have ~10000+ items in the single batch request.

Do we see any issue with such a huge request on a single batch call in the WebSocket API?

Let me know if you need more here

Thanks

Pradeep B

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @pradeep.badoni,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @pradeep.badoni

If you want to request more RICs than will fit in the MaxMsgSize, you will need to split the list of RICs into multiple Batch Requests - where each Batch Request message is smaller than MaxMsgSize.

The other thing to note is that you will need to test thoroughly to ensure your application and network connection can cope with a large list of RICs in a timely manner - especially during peak volatility periods such a market open and other key events where the number of updates a second could increase considerably compared to ordinary/average market conditions.

If your application does not process the updates quickly enough, the server you are connecting to may disconnect you as it can only buffer a limited amount of updates for the RICs you have subscribed to. This scenario is often referred to as a 'slow consumer'.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @umer.nalla

Do you have any sample code for creating multiple batch request in a single log-in?

If yes, Could you please pass me some sample code for it.

Thanks

Pradeep B

Hi @pradeep.badoni

Sorry, I am not aware of any such example. It is something you will need to implement in whichever language you are developing.

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @pradeep.badoni

There is a limitation set within the service based on the size of the request message. When you login to the WebSocket server, the login response will carry a field called: MaxMsgSize defined within the "Elements" structure of the response. So long as the total size (in bytes) of the complete batch request is within this limit, you're good.

Within the WebSocket Developer Guide:

"MaxMsgSize is the maximum supported message size as configured by the Refinitiv Real-Time Advanced Distribution Server. Any message greater in size is rejected and results in a disconnection."

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @nick.zincone.1

Could you please suggest me how to handle the case when the message size is greater than MaxMsgSize.

We have couple of clients where they have defined more then 10000 RIC code defined and i am pretty much sure that message size will be more then the size defined in MaxMsgSize .

Note: In my current testing the the MaxMsgSize is set to 61426.

Thanks

Pradeep B

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.