question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

EMA/C++ - How to configure an App Key

I'm moving a service from using an EZD to Refinitive Real-time Optimized, and getting a bit confused by the documentation.

I've been given an AppKey and read a PDF on Real-time Oprimized talking about providing Client_ID, whereas the C++ documentation on the API we're using (https://github.com/Refinitiv/Real-Time-SDK/tree/master/Cpp-C/Ema/Docs) refers to neither instead talking about username, password, and maybe applicationId (which seems to be a number however).

Does anyone know how they all link together?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apirefinitiv-realtime-sdk
1618397604553.png (122.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @t0mh

If you are moving to RRTO you should have also been provided with a MachineID.

You should have received an email 'Welcome to RRTO' as well as a 'Welcome to Refinitiv - Your New Account' type email.

The New account email should have included a MachineID which looks something like

Your Machine Account Details

Machine ID : GE-A-0012345657-8-9101

The email should also include a link to set a new (long) password.

Once you have both emails and set your long password, please follow the instructions in

EMA Quick Start - Connecting to Refinitiv Real-Time -- Optimized

If you refer to source code for example 113_MP_SessionMgmt, you will note that it sets the Username (MachineID), the Password and the ClientID(Appkey) in the config before creating the OMMConsumer instance using the Config.

If you have not received the above emails / MachineID, then please speak to your Refinitiv Account team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ah thanks. I've just looked at the header and those methods are there. I guess the PDF hasn't been updated yet

Hi @t0mh

Thanks for the update. If you can confirm the title of the pdf and where you obtained it from I can try and get it updated.

thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.