Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

TR Function : Retrieve date from cell

Hello,

I'm a MA student and using Eikon Excel for my financial thesis on ESG and M&A.

I have all my M&A and financials data, including the date of the annoucement. I would like to retrieve through the TR function the target ESG score one year before the annoucement date. That's on this last point that I experience an issue. I can't call the cell with the date and setting one year before.

I tried this formula but it does not work :

=@TR($E2;";TR.RIC;TR.CommonName;TR.TRESGCScoreGrade.date;TR.TRESGCScoreGrade;TR.TRESGCScore";"Period=FY-1 Sdate:#1 Edate:#1";;$B2 )

B2 being the cell with the announcement date.

Your help would be precious

Thanks a lot

Barbara

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidate
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@barbara.guinot

Would you mind elaborating on what exactly doesn't work? The formula you're using looks OK to me, but I don't know what result you're expecting. From your description I'm guessing you may want to change Period=FY-1 to Period=FY0. The EDate parameter is not necessary for your purposes, but there's no harm in including it. Replacing TR.TRESGCScoreGrade.date with TR.TRESGCScoreGrade.fperiod may be more illustrative to interpret the results. When I use

=TR("AAPL.O","TR.RIC;TR.CommonName;TR.TRESGCScore.fperiod;TR.TRESGCScoreGrade;TR.TRESGCScore","Period=FY0 SDate:#1",,B2)

and set the value in B2 to say 1-Jun-2015, I get ESG score for FY2014. Is this not what you're expecting or what you're looking to get?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 1 3

Oh thanks, indeed it was the FY-1 that return the wrong results. My bad ! Thanks again

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.