For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

CAPI Session not registered on MMS

Hello,

We are attempting to connect to the contributions websocket channel here - contrib-ws1-emea1.platform.refinitiv.com

We have production credentials and can successfully ftech our auth tokens from https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token

when we attempt to login to the websocket channel we get this error:

[{"ID":1,"Type":"Status","Domain":"Login","State":{"Stream":"Closed","Data":"Suspect","Code":"NotEntitled","Text":"CAPI Session not registered on MMS - please contact support"},"Private":true}]

and the socket is then closed

(we have contacted the support team but I wanted to ask the question to the developer community also)

Thanks, Rich.

rdp-apicontributionsrccoauth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @RichardPhillips

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @RichardPhillips

I had also pushed this issue to the RCC team and I understand this was due to the incorrect setup of your credentials and that has now been resolved.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @RichardPhillips

Just to confirm - are you following the RCC Tutorial - Contributing Data to Refinitiv Contributions Channel (RCC) via WebSocket ?

I ask because establishing a connection to RCC is different from the normal Connect to RTO method and also requires RCC specific credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @umer.nalla

Thanks for the quick reply - as far as I know we followed the RCC guide - we saw the link and samples you referenced. We also referred to this one - https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time-opnsrc/refinitiv-websocket-api/tutorials#contributing-data-to-refinitiv-contributions-channel

Thanks, Rich.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @RichardPhillips

Thanks for confirming - I am not familiar with that particular error message. I have asked internally and hopefully, the support team will provide a resolution.

Are you also able to try with the other regions - just for test purposes?

contrib-ws1-amers1.platform.refinitiv.com

contrib-ws1-apac1.platform.refinitiv.com

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @umer.nalla - I just spoke to an old colleague of mine on the Tech support desk who is checking out our account - he thinks it may have been incorrectly permissioned.

I'll test the url's for the other region also.

Thanks again, Rich.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.