question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

SSL Certificate Error when using the Datastream Web Service - hostnames don't match

We are using the datastream web api in a production GKE environment. We are getting intermittent SSL Errors.

/dswsclient/V1/DSService.svc/rest/GetDataBundle (Caused by SSLError(CertificateError("hostname 'product.datastream.com' doesn't match 'datastreamwide.refinitiv.com'")))

This seems like a refinitiv networking/infrastructure issue. Is there anything we can do to fix this? It's causing problems for our production models.

python#technology#productdatastream-apinetworking
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @walter01

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@walter01

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I checked against the DatastreamPy 1.0.12 library and it works fine with the product.datastream.com web service. This product.datastream.com URL is the default URL for the DatastreamPy 1.0.12 library.

You may need to verify the name and version of the application's Datastream library.

I also checked those URLs (datastreamwide.refinitiv.com and product.datastream.com) against the SSL Checker. The SSL Checker returns the correct name.

Yes, you are correct. It should be the problem on the server side so you can contact the Refinitiv Datastream Web Service support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.