question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

RDP-Ownership responds error : "Too Many Request"

Hello there,

please help take a look:

I got a client say they sometimes get error on responds wiht "Too Many Requests".

Client using https://api.refinitiv.com/data/ownership/v1/views/org-info?universe=AAPL.O, normally will have 1-3 RICs on a request, and 1-3 request per second. so i don't think this would hit the limit for ownership, but not sure what happened.

here is the error log:

ricList: SMGRDRCZ3An.JK, result: {

"error":{

"id":"f6187e22-1e59-4ca9-b3f8-4453ce8fc010",

"code":"gw.userLimit",

"message":"too many requests for /data/ownership/v1/views/org-info [GET]",

"status":"Too Many Requests

#technologyrdp-apierrorrdp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Jessie Deng

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Jessie Deng

I checked with the RDP team, the rate limit is 10 requests per second. Did you send request more than this rate or the account is shared by multiple applications?

You may contact the RDP support team directly to verify this issue. You can contact the team via the https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/productsupport.html website.

rdp-ownership.png

rdp-ownership.png (27.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @wasin.w, will raise a case to RDP team.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Jessie Deng

Based on the RDP API Playground website, there is the rate limits information as follows (in the Reference tab)

rate-limit.png

I am checking the rate limit information. In the meantime, I suggest you slowdown the HTTP request to the RDP API gateway.

rate-limit.png (34.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.