question

Upvotes
Accepted
24 1 0 6

Intermittent Issue with Batch Request in EMA API not Sending all Symbols

I'm encountering an intermittent issue with batch request using the EMA API. I'm sending a batch request that includes 3 symbols. However, which monitoring the log file, I've observed that occasionally only one symbol is sent. Consequently, I only receive one refresh message corresponding to that single symbol. No errors are reported in the log file.

This behavior is inconsistent, after a while, this issue resolves itself without any apparent changes from my end.

Are there additional logging or diagnostic tools within EMA that I can use to gain more insight into this issue. I have enabled `xmlTraceToFile` and `xmlTraceToStdout` for detailed logging.

elektron#technologyema-api#productjava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @xinjames.chen ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thank you,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @xinjames.chen,

What version of EMA are you using? Can you please try the SDK example 370 Batch and verify that you have the same issue. Finally, you can also attach the SDK log files here, and we can check them.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm using 3.7.2. I just figure out this issue is related to the setting of GuaranteedOutputBuffers. I can reproduce the issue if the value is set to 1.
1 is an extremely low number - why did you set it to 1? The default value is 100, what caused you to modify this parameter?

the primary goal is to identify the potential errors that might occur when `GuaranteedOutputBuffers` is set to a low value. Understanding there scenarios will be beneficial for our team to have an efficient diagnositc steps to follow when similar errors occur.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.