Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

I am trying to run code on codebook . I have correct App Key but getting this error- EikonError(1, 'Status code 400: App key is incorrect').

I am trying to work on API , but not able to run app key code . I have tried to use authenticated app key but it says wrong api

#technology#productapidatastream-apiappkey
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.8k 21 6 9

@Ajay Sharma So to use the Datastream API (which is what I think you are trying to do) you need to have a Datastream username and password as follows:

1719312870057.png

If you do not have these Datastream credentials - the API will not work. You can subscribe to Datastream as an add-on service to Eikon/Workspace.

Moreover, to use Eikon Data API in Codebook - you do not need to set an appkey as it uses :

1719313106202.png

For Refinitiv Data Libraries in Codebook- you do not need an appkey either - you just:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()

and you are ready to go.

You can see examples of all these and more in the Codebook __Examples__ folder. I hope this can help.

1719312870057.png (35.9 KiB)
1719313106202.png (53.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.