Hi, migrating an RFA C++ based provider to EMA C++, I need to re-implement a mechanism to publish data whose field-set is defined elsewhere in an external source (e.g. a custom configuration file).
The fieldset is defined using field names.
To do so, using RFA the approach was as follows:
- access the RFA configuration (StagingConfigDatabase) to determine the type \ source of Data dictionary to be used
- load the Data dictionary accordingly
- use the Data dictionary to extract the required information (e.g. given the field-name get the FidType)
Note: the dictionary was accessed in the context of an application thread.
Using EMA, my understanding is that now the dictionary is automatically loaded under the scenes, and that it's done according to the defined EMA configuration, for instance using the EmaConfig.xml file.
I've already found this interesting material about the provided EMA interface to access the dictionary:
- Cons332 example in the SDK package
- IProv332 example in the SFC package
However, in the provided examples, the dictionary instance used by the application is loaded in the application code (either by downloading it from the network, or by loading it from file).
My requirement is instead to use the very same dictionary that EMA would load according to the configuration of my provider, specified in the EmaConfig.xml file.
How can I achieve this?