question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Authentication failed: error getting token

I registered for a new developer community account, and after logging in when I am trying to visit this page https://apidocs.refinitiv.com/Apps/ApiDocs, it is trying to load for a few minutes and eventually giving me the following error "Authentication failed: error getting token". How do I avoid this error and get access to the API? Thanks.

rdp-apiapierrorapi-playground
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @koushik.pal ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

<private post>

This question has been moved from Connected Risk APIs forum to Refinitiv Data Platform forum

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @koushik.pal,

Please be informed that developer community (developer.refinitiv.com) is open to everybody and one can self-register with their email and gain access to Refinitiv API learning materials.

apidocs.refinitiv.com is RDP API Playground that is for RDP customers. It requires separate credentials the email from your RDP customer welcome letter. Are you an RDP customer or on RDP trial? You may wish to contact your Refinitiv account manager to confirm and to discuss your requirements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
884 4 2 8

Hi @koushik.pal,

Can you please confirm which browser are you using? And, can you please try opening API Playground using Firefox/Edge browser assuming if you are using Chrome browser?

icon clock
10 |1500

I tried both Safari and Chrome. I am on a Mac.

In that case, you may have to raise a ticket on MyRefinitiv to reach out to the API Playground support team - as it could be a login/credential type issue

Meanwhile, can you try clearing cookies etc for the past 24hrs on your browser and/or try a different browser to see if that helps other than Safari/Chrome?

I tried Firefox just now. Getting the same error. @Shadab Hussain

@koushik.pal please raise a ticket on MyRefinitiv and the support team will look into this issue

I just tried in Firefox and Edge browsers, and it's working for me.

Can you connect successfully if you use Chrome Incognito mode and manually log in using credentials? The issue might be with your id and the support team can help you out.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.