For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 1 3 12

Login Rejected. Watchlist size of 250000 for 'RSSL' connection is outside of range [15001, 100000] supported for this ADS fanout tier for this type of connection

Hi,

I am getting warning in the title whenever i am trying to connect with Realtime Optimized. Is it completely governed by the watchlist type i am connecting to ? Or can it be due to connection type as well ?

elektronema-api#productc++refinitiv-realtime-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@thilinaillangasinghe

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @thilinaillangasinghe ,

The issue may be related to the specific endpoint tier you are connected into. Based on the response, your account setup would not allow you to properly manage a watchlist based on your watchlist license. Refer to this question

You are not using the correct tier endpoint for which your MachineID has been licenced.

You are trying to connect to a Large Tier endpoint but only licenced for the Small tier.

Ideally, you should use the service discovery example - which will automatically identify endpoints matching your licence and region location- websocket-api/market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api (github.com)

If they are using an MRN example that hardcodes an endpoint, then they can combine the Service Discovery code from the above example with the MRN example.

Another option (not recommended) is to select a valid small tier endpoint from the list of endpoints:

RTO New Hostnames August 2021

RTO Install and Config Guide

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
26 1 3 12

Thanks for the response @raksina.samasiri , What is the connection between Tier sizing (Watchlist size) and number of RICs(and fields) i am subscribing to ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @thilinaillangasinghe

I highly recommend you contact your Refinitiv representative to check this information for you.

• Note: you need to provide your Machine ID to the team too.
Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

If you use the Service Discovery, the API/SDK automatically connects to the RTO server that matches your subscription tier.

Please try the Cons450 (EMA C++) or ex450_MP_QueryServiceDiscovery (EMA Java) example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26 1 3 12

Thanks for all the replies. In my case as it seems, i've been using same RTO account details in multiple systems. As a result collective watchlist size exceeds account limit.

Still not clear how should i decide to which watchlist size i should be subscribing to based on number of RIC and field count i am subscribing to.

Is it, (Total RIC count x Field count)?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Based on the Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized Install and Config Guide document, Refinitiv defines VIPs by tier, region, and availability zone. The RESTful call to Service Discovery auto-filters by tier, using the maximum number of items (known as max-watchlist) as specified by your Machine ID configuration.

watchlist-1.png

watchlist-2.png

I highly recommend you contact your Refinitiv Representative to check your total subscription RICs with your tier.

Regards to the "i've been using same RTO account details in multiple systems." message. Please be informed that if you are using the Version 1 Authentication (Machine-ID GE-A-XXXXXX-X-XXX), it is not advisable to use a single Machine-ID with multiple sessions/applications. I highly recommend you reach out to your Refinitiv representative to get multiple Machine-IDs if you want to run multiple applications/sessions.

watchlist-1.png (109.1 KiB)
watchlist-2.png (73.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.