For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

Identifiers supported

Hi team,

I just want to confirm that, the only identifier supported to request using the Websocket API is RIC, If yes are there any plans in the future to support other identifiers like TICKER, CUSIP, SEDOL, ISIN etc?

If no then. is there an example available for the same?

Thank you

treprdp-apiwebsocketsricsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @bansalshah

You are correct in your understanding.

No plans at present to support anything other than RIC for realtime data requests.

We do have symbology services which allow conversion from other identifier types to RIC - so maybe worth speaking to your Refinitiv Account representative to see if they would help you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Umer Nalla,

Thank you for the quick response. Okay got it. I will contact my Account Representative about the symbology service.

Follow up question:

Is this symbology service available to view or any documentation that I can refer for the same? Like is this an API call that I can do to convert other identifiers to RIC and then pass it on to the Websocket API?

Thank you

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @bansalshah

See the following article by my colleague Christiaan which demonstrates how to convert ISIN (for example) to RIC using the DataScope Select service API.

ISIN to RIC conversion with the DSS

The article uses ISINs as an example, but everything in the article can also be applied when working with Cusips and Sedols.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.